Sydney, Australia – 18 May 2012. Nokia is extending its Nokia Lumia range with the introduction of two new smartphones to the Australian market – the high-speed, high-end Nokia Lumia 900 and the affordable Nokia Lumia 610.
The Nokia Lumia 900 will be available in June from Optus for $0 upfront on the $60 Optus Plan, and major retailers for an RRP AUD$699. The Nokia Lumia 610 has an RRP of AUD$329 and will be available from Boost Mobile in June and from Vodafone and major retailers in July.
Nokia Australia’s managing director, Chris Carr, said, “We are seeing real momentum for our Nokia Lumia smartphones among consumers and business users since launching the Nokia Lumia 800 and Lumia 710 in March, as well as increasing developer interest and exponential growth in our ecosystem.”
“The introduction of the new Nokia Lumia 900 and Nokia Lumia 610 has been very well-received overseas, and we expect a similar consumer reaction here.
“The Nokia Lumia 900 delivers high-speed connectivity, with superior multimedia and entertainment capabilities for consumers.
“And for those looking for an introduction to smartphones, the affordable Nokia Lumia 610 offers a rich social, web and entertainment experience – something that Nokia Lumia smartphones are becoming synonymous with,” Chris concluded.
The Nokia Lumia 900 will be available in four colours – white, cyan, magenta and black* – offering a host of features:
- Performance – high speed 1.4 GHz processor with HSDPA+ plus upsized battery for better media and entertainment capabilities
- Design – large 4.3” AMOLED capacitive touch ClearBlack glass touchscreen, distinct one-piece polycarbonate body, excellent antenna performance
- Intuitive UI – a grid of live, animated tiles providing up-to-the-minute content including social network status updates, news and weather feeds, email notifications and calendar alerts
- Each tile can be tailored to deliver easy access to the applications most often used, for example: a music playlist, a gaming app, a Web page, or an e-mail folder
- People Hub combines all your contacts and feeds from Facebook, Linked-in and Twitter into one thread and can be pinned to the homescreen
- Imaging – Carl Zeiss optics, 8MP main camera, dual LED flash, Auto Focus, 1MP front-facing camera with video calling capabilities
- Signature Nokia experiences
- Nokia Music including free music streaming service Mix Radio
- New mapping features such as Nokia Transport which gives convenient directions to underground, trams, trains and buses services
- And other services such as Nokia City Lens, an augmented reality app, which turns the phone’s camera viewfinder into a new way to spot places of interest
- Best in the business – apps such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and OneNote are in the palm of your hand, as well as access to Bing, Internet Explorer 9, HTML5 and Wi-Fi
- And not forgetting the in-built XBOX Live Hub offering cool games, player leaderboards, 3D Avatar control and creation, plus great local apps highlights from Qantas, GoCatch, Pizza Hut, Australia Post and Foxtel Guide.
The Nokia Lumia 610 is aimed at people who want an affordable introduction to Windows Phone. It provides easy access to social networks, web browsing, music, games, navigation and tens of thousands of apps in the Windows Phone Marketplace.
With a distinctive profile and finely beveled metallic edges, the Nokia Lumia 610 comes in white, cyan, magenta and black*.
* Not all colours will be available from all operators and retailers. Consumers are advised to check with their operator or the retailer which colours they are ranging.