Sydney, Australia – 14 March 2011. The new Nokia E7 is an all-in-one business smartphone packed with features for use in and out of the office.
Designed with professionals in mind, the Nokia E7 includes a tilting 4-inch touchscreen AMOLED display, full QWERTY keyboard and support for business applications from leading enterprise technology partners including Microsoft and IBM.
Nokia Australia’s managing director, Chris Carr, said, “The smartphone is now the primary business device for many Australians, but business users – like all consumers – don’t just want functionality. They expect flexibility, reliability and style. With the Nokia E7’s touchscreen and slide out QWERTY keyboard there’s no need for compromise, and synchronisation with key corporate apps gives users access to critical business information.
“Nokia has always believed in creating a range of handsets that meet specific needs of different consumers – for the business user, the Nokia E7 gives new meaning to the mobile office.”
The Nokia E7 provides direct, secure and real-time access to email, calendar, contacts and tasks through Microsoft Exchange servers, as well as Office Communicator Mobile, developed by Microsoft for Nokia smartphones. Key features include:
- Private and business email along with fast, secure intranet access with the built-in VPN
- The ability to create, edit and share office documents and view PDF files with Adobe Reader
- High-resolution photos and HD video with the 8 megapixel camera and dual LED flash
- Free, worldwide voice guided navigation with Ovi Maps including built-in guides for tips on travel, restaurants, weather and hotels
- Access to thousands of apps on Ovi Store including Bloomberg, F-Secure Mobile security, JoikuSpot and Salesforce for Symbian as well as local Australian apps such as BNET and Flying Solo
- HDMI connectivity to project files, videos and images onto large screens
- 16 gigabytes of on-board flash memory plus USB on-the-go, enabling easy file sharing
- Multi-party conference calling to conduct business meetings
- Integrated social networks
Wrapped in a brushed aluminium casing with metallic finish, the Nokia E7 is available now in dark grey and silver white and will launch later in the year in blue and orange.
The Nokia E7 is available today from selected retailers and will be available from Optus and Vodafone in April 2011 at an RRP of AUD$929.